Once we have received your application and it has been approved, the next step is an initial interview with your personal Employment Specialist.
At the Initial Interview we can identify your:
- existing support networks and required support needs;
- transferable work-related skills;
- existing or potential barriers to employment and co-construct strategies for solutions;
- employment history;
- type of employment you are interested in; start job seeking and discussing possible incentives / wage subsidies if required; and
- personal and professional interests, goals and aspirations.
Development / Career Plan
Your personal Employment Specialist will then work with you to create a customised Development / Career Plan.
This is individually tailored to help you achieve your goals.
It will record information and indentify actions and responsibilities including your short and long term goals and how these are reviewed and updated accordingly.
Your Development / Career Plan will include the following:
- Develop a marketable Curriculum Vitae (CV) for employment.
- Identify shared individual actions and responsibilities.
- Identify short and long term goals.
- Provide career counselling and skills assessment.
- Identify education and / or training requirements.
Do you have a specific question? Call us on (04) 237 7141.
Remember: All our services and ongoing support are completely FREE!
Next: Step 3 Investigate